- The TED talk by neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor gets a very high rating from Presentation Zen. Don't miss it!
- What do MIT MBA students' social security numbers have to do with how much they would be willing to pay for a bottle of 1998 Cotes du Rhone? Dan Ariely, author of Predictably Irrational, explains. Hat tip: via Mark Thoma.
- Are you happy? Sue Halpern reviews five books on happiness research for NYRB.
- Arati on why she is in love with her hands.
And here's a bonus:
- Peter Griffin: Portrait of a Bureaucrat Playing With Himself.