Friday, March 21, 2008

Holi


Is it ever possible for someone -- like me -- who grew up in a staunchly un-Holi land of Tamil Nadu to ever celebrate Holi like the natives? After going through those mud baths that we hapless Southies -- MAKKUs as we were called -- had been thrown into in our BHU hostels over a quarter-century ago, one would think that getting into the flow of (a much more mellow version of) Holi should be easy.

I tried this morning. It was an honest attempt. It actually was a bit of fun. But, ...

I'm happy it's over.

I hope you had a better time ...

Happy Holi, folks!

2 Comments:

  1. Anant said...

    I can completely related to such un-Holi feelings.

    Happy Holi to you too.

  2. Animesh said...

    haha! ITBHU mud-baths.. good times :D.

    Happy holi!
    -A