Sunday, July 02, 2006

What is the biggest lie about blogging?


High-profile bloggers give their answers. Here.

I found two that are worth quoting here. Here's the first:

Oh for sure, it's this: That people care what you say. They don't. They care what they get.
-- Seth Godin.

Here's the second, a comment by Jonathan Kranz:

I don't know what the biggest lie about blogging is, but I think I have a handle on the biggest truth:

What's the most-discussed, most-heated, most-commented-upon subject in the blogosphere? Blogging itself...

Look at the Daily Fix, for example: no other topic generates as many comments or sends as many bloggers, descending like Hitchcock's "Birds," upon this site.

Bloggers are interested in blogging.

* * *

Hat tip: Chugs.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    This might be relevant. Alistair Cockburn writes about bloggers, "Talented people feel they have produce 400 words of commentary every day and you can see the lethal consequences on their minds and style, both of which turn rapidly to slush. They glance at the New York Times and rush to their laptops to rewrite what they just read. Hawsers to reality soon fray and they float off , drifting zeppelins of inanity."

    Link: http://www.counterpunch.com/cockburn06192006.html

    He is spot on mostly, IMHO.

  2. Anonymous said...

    I feel that I have been learning a lot from blogs and discussion sites which would have taken me years otherwise and I do not have that many years to go. Sometimes google takes a lot of time and throws up lot of interesting but irrelevent (to the specific issue). But one have a vague memory of something (for example a song that I heard 50 years ago, or a book that i do not have a copy now) and an enquiry in a site or a blog brings quick results. And a blog can change over a period. like anything, I guess that it depends on how one uses it.