Thursday, January 18, 2007

The name is Dal -- 2


From this ToI story, we learn that the new political party floated by IIT graduates has a few people who are willing to admit that they are under the influence of Bollywood. One of them tells us that Mani Ratnam's Yuva "forced him to think about the 'deteriorating' state of politics in the country." Another mouths this gem:

Democracy can only become democratic in two ways - active and passive participation of people.

* * *

Krish has a fantastic rant (which he says he wrote with a heavy heart ;-):

... I would put my bet on IIT brand name to solve a major technological problem in my company. I would put my bet on IIT brand name to solve the most difficult problem in the book, Classical Electrodynamics by Jackson. But I will never put my bet on IIT brand name to solve people’s problems. I know how a big chunk of them cannot even solve their own personal problems. I am not a fool to bet the society’s problem on them. ...

0 Comments: