Saturday, December 09, 2006

1984!


I went to the US for my graduate studies in 1985; for the next several years, during the SuperBowl Championship games, people would look at me -- and others like me -- with a lot of pity. The reason? We had the not so singular misfortune of having never seen the Macintosh ad that was aired just once during the 1984 SuperBowl. And never again.

I have always felt a little void in my soul because of this ... this gap in my cultural development. Not any more.

* * *

All right. I should have realized a long time ago that it was available on YouTube. Anyways, I'm glad I found it now; even at low res, it's awesome. More importantly, I feel liberated!

BTW, if you are a fan of the 80s' American pop culture, you can get nostalgic all over again at these two compilations of ads from that era.

1 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Abi,
    I am not sure whether you get the new mac Ads in India, on mac Vs pc. But here is the link to those ads from their website and they are hilarious.

    http://www.apple.com/getamac/


    -Ram