Friday, February 15, 2013

When internet laws strike: One more post you cannot see


This one is due to a DMCA complaint that I was illegally using content for which I don't have copyright. I haven't seen the complaint, and the site where I was supposed to find it doesn't have it -- at least not yet. All I can say here is that the post has no copyright violation whatsoever -- it had a bunch of links to stories and blog posts about Anil Potti, the science fraudster with money to spend on internet consultants. Blogger has put my post on hold (technically, it has made it a "draft" which I can choose to post, presumably after resolving this problem with them), but I'm sure you will be able to find it in some archive ...

Once again, I am in illustrious company: a bunch of Anil Potti-related posts at Retraction Watch are also down.

The folks at Retraction Watch have filed a counter, and may be able to get their posts back up again.

As I said, I am not able to see the complaint against my post. And, frankly, all the legalese in the e-mail from The Blogger Team has spooked me! I guess I will just wait until the Retraction Watch posts are back up before filing my counter-claim.

2 Comments:

  1. Jonathan Bailey said...

    If you need any help parsing the legalese or sending a counter-notice, let me know. I'll gladly help you in any way that I can.

  2. Jonathan Bailey said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.