- "...[W]hen I do attend a seminar, I want my free food".
- I remember two occasions in my grad-school life where I committed big mistakes but luckily caught them in the nick of time.
- Sean Carroll
- Giving talks, or presenting ideas more generally, is one of the necessary skills of academic life that we usually presume one just picks up on street corners. The idea that, for example, college professors should learn how to teach classes would be an anathema to most actual college professors. But there is a lot of skill involved, and practice and learning can really make a difference.
- Incoherent Ponderer
- How much do academic faculty make?
- Doug Natelson
- Nanotechnology: How to get into it, and where it is going.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
What have some of my favourite academic bloggers blogged about lately?
Posted by Abi
Posted by Abi. Posted at 2:30 PM