Monday, October 01, 2007

Onion says American physicists want a 40 billion dollar 'science thing'


And they took their case to the US Congress:

"While expense is something to consider, I think it's very important that we have this kind of scientific apparatus, because, in the end, I have always said that science is more important than it is unimportant," Committee chairman Rep. Bart Gordon (D-TN) said. "And it's essential we stay ahead of China, Japan, and Germany in science. We are ahead in space, with the NASA rockets going to other planets, so we should be ahead in science too."

And hear this:

"Now, I'm no science major, but if I'm being told by a group of people that the protons, neutrons, and electrons need unifying, then I think we owe it to the American people to go in and unify them," Rep. Mark Udall (D-CO) said. "After all, isn't a message of unity what we want to send to our children?"

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Abi, I'm sure you're aware that the onion is a parody newspaper.

    Just confirming :)

  2. Rahul Siddharthan said...

    anonymous -- I'm so disillusioned. Are you saying Bush isn't really an armchair physicist who corrected Fermilab calculations?

  3. Wavefunction said...

    Udall: using the wrong hammer to pound the right anvil.