IIPM has magically produced a page listing (only partially) its faculty members. Here is the main page. Here is the page for permanent faculty. As of now, only the Economics and Information Systems faculty are listed.
I am sure faculty lists for the other departments will eventually appear. This will enable us to really test how many of their claims about their faculty are true.
Some quick impressions, though.
- IIPM doesn't believe in either providing their faculty members with e-mail facility, or giving their e-mail address on its website.
- The 'professors' in the Delhi unit of IIPM do not prefer to give their qualifications.
- There is one Prof. Andy V. listed for Information Systems in Delhi. Hmmm. This name does sound familiar, doesn't it?
- Only the Delhi centre believes in having different faculty teaching different subjects. The centres at Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Hyderabad appear to believe in multitasking; each of these centres has just one faculty teaching both Economics and Information Systems. One Prof. Melissa Pinto, for example, is listed for both subjects at the Mumbai centre. Neat, no?
- No one in these lists (for whom their degrees are mentioned) has a Ph.D. or its management equivalent, the Fellowship.
- Most of the 'professors' have only an MBA; and, many of these degrees are from IIPM. One has a PGDPE (whatever that is) from IIPM. Clearly, this institution believes it can prosper by coexisting with this strange animal called inbreeding. This animal is known to destroy whatever excellence the institutions (that choose to live with it) ever had. Given the current excellence and reputation levels of IIPM, I really shudder to think what inbreeding is going to do to them. On the other hand, this inbreeding is what has brought them to their current level of excellence ;-)
- At least one of them has only a BBA. At least in this respect, IIPM has not bothered to differentiate itself from a host of tinpot colleges that have mushroomed all over the country.
- Finally, the overwhelming impression one gets from IIPM's advertisements is that their faculty are hotshots who are always jet-setting around the world, hobnobbing with topnotch Ivy League professors and industry leaders (or, should we call them 'Business Barons'?). Having advertised heavily to create such an impression, shouldn't it have a website which has a little bit more information recounting what these people have been upto?
- Oops, I almost forgot. The link to their 'visiting faculty' page is broken.
All this shows that IIPM has not bothered to put together all this information in a coherent well-thought out fashion. They are only reacting to all the blogospheric criticisms, and they are reacting badly.
At best, this page is incorrect, and incomplete, and we can only hope that it will be made better. On the other hand, it may be a true reflection of reality!