Sunday, June 12, 2005

Ah, I found one...


After making this post, I was wondering if I will ever get a chance to link -- approvingly, I might add -- to a post by Secular Right (not that they cared!). I found this post. Though it is triggered by the acquittal of all the eight accused in the Ghatkopar bus blasts case, the post also discusses several other instances of police brutality and intimidation. Here is a quote:

[...] investigation is not the same thing as intimidation. To charge a man with very serious crimes, allow him to be roughed up by pathetic criminals in prison, then let him go because the evidence is flimsy at best, is more intimidation than valid fact finding. Why is our police wasting time intimidating people instead of building solid cases that will hold up in court?

1 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    You are welcome, Primary Red!